Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: Block B's "Very Good"

It's been a wild ride of a year for Block B but they have managed to hang on for dear life and come out strutting on the other side.  It's extremely apropos that the name of their comeback song is "Very Good" because I'm sure that is exactly how they're feeling right about now.


Block B Very Good mv 1


All kpop entertainment companies take note: This is what happens when an idol group fights back.  They don't get mad they get even, and then they come back to kick some ass.  I am so proud that I can't contain myself!  I'm even going to go out on a limb and say that they might have topped "Nillili Mambo" with this one.  Someone hold me as I sob uncontrollably.

Block B clown mask Zico Very Good mv 1
To all the Block B haters and naysayers: Zico says f#ck you very much.

Seven Seasons has done an excellent job so far with our boys.  The production values on both of their new mv releases have been stellar, the outfits are on point (no gorilla arms in sight!) and the music is well produced.  Sigh... what a load off my mind.

Block B rocker UKwon and P.O. Very Good mv 1

This mv and song is just as the title described.  It's also quintessential Block B, but with some quirky heavy metal elements.  I love how they make sure that every single one of them gets a good singing or rapping part, if not both.  They're all equals in this group and it shows.

I also love how pauses in the music and the snare drum are used to such good effect.  Every musical transition is seamless and vibes well with each change in the mv scenery.  How about you take notes there, SMent and TSent?  K, thanks.

There are so many good (and good looking) scenes in this mv, to the point that I wanted to capture each one.  Good thing I didn't do all that or you'd be scrolling for days.

Block B B Bomb Very Good mv 1

Block B P.O. Very Good mv 1

You know what this mv reminds me of?  The Joker and his clown masked minions in "The Dark Knight", but also G-Dragon's "One of a Kind" mv, mostly because of Park Kyung and Zico.

Block B Park Kyung Very Good mv 1

Block B Park Kyung Very Good mv 2

Block B Zico blue hair Very Good mv 1

Block B Zico black and white Very Good mv 1

And these are just a few of them! I'm sure the G-Dragon references were on purpose, but was it shit talking?  You be the judge.

What this video also brings to mind are the words "happy" and "fun".  The Block B men has matured some but they're still the same crazy boys at heart.  I couldn't resist taking multiple screencaps of them cavorting and playing like the good old days, but even better.

Block B Very Good mv 2
An obvious reference to all that money Stardom never paid them.

Block B Very Good mv 3

Block B Very Good mv 4
Park Kyung brings back his signature spastic Dougie.

Obviously I loved it.  Now I'm just going to leave you with the lyrics and the album playlist, because I need to go watch this mv about a million times.


Block B "Very Good" lyrics:


Show time, making my first appearance among the cheers and excitement
No doubt, the moment I am set apart from others
There’s no exit, you will lose your mind
Getcha getcha ya ya here getcha getcha yaya get on

I’m very very good, very very good
I’m very very good

King of the jungle, hey kids, stop your cute baby show
The atmosphere is already ripe and I conquer the audience in a moment
Roll out the carpet, get ready to be hoisted in the air
The bursting pop bottle, get ready for the last spur
How many fake MCs out there

Bees, buzz louder, buzz buzz
Scream till the stage falls down
Bring anyone and move your body however you want
Getcha getcha ya ya here getcha getcha yaya get on

It’s time, break the silence
Leave behind thoughts of doing just enough, stupid
Lift your thumbs, burn your passion
Gather here like you’ve gone crazy

What?
I’m very very good, very very good
I’m very very good

If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in, I’m gonna squeeze in
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in
What can I do for you uh?
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in, I’m gonna squeeze in
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in

Aight
The seven villains who recklessly run
Can’t block us with a red light
Everyone below me, pay attention
Let out a big shout on the front line
Hey you, stop pretending like you’re all that
Put your hands up, you need to be punished
We unite like we’ve become one
Aight-!

Bees, buzz louder, buzz buzz
Scream till the stage falls down
Flower boys try so hard
They try to be hard but they’re so cute
Make some trouble, it’s five minutes before chaos
We’re pros when it comes to concepts like this, leggo

It’s time, break the silence
Leave behind thoughts of doing just enough, stupid
Lift your thumbs, burn your passion
Gather here like you’ve gone crazy

I’m very very good, are you ready?

I’m very very good, very very good
I’m very very good

If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in, I’m gonna squeeze in
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in
What can I do for you uh?
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in, I’m gonna squeeze in
If you don’t come out, I’m gonna go in

Cr: Popgasa


Block B "Very Good" album playlist:


As of now only "Be The Light" is available at Itunes in the U.S.; hopefully the rest of the album will become available soon.

Block B Very Good mv ending 1


What are your thoughts on Block B's "Very Good" album and mv?  Will you be buying it?  Let me know!


Source: seven seasonspopgasaBubbleFeetSplashCH1.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  DO NOT HOTLINK. Take out with full credit. 

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.