Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: 2NE1's "Falling In Love"

It's been exactly a year since 2NE1 released their last official mv, and they're finally, finally back with a new one.  This new mv was released on July 7th and it's called "Falling in Love".


screencap 2ne1 falling in love mv


What a cute song.  I'd have to say it's the epitome of a good summer song, the kind that you can bump in your car as you're headed to the beach with your friends in tow.  It's fun, it's danceable and it kind of makes me want to hit up the closest reggae bar so I can get more of the same (or even better).

2ne1 screencap falling in love mv
Wind those booties, 2NE1!

Minzy's voice in the beginning is so well suited to that kind of melody, and she has such a great voice; I wish YGent would utilize it more.  She also did not look like the cordi noonas were playing some sort of joke on her, which has happened before.  In fact, she looked fab.

minzy 2ne1 falling in love mv

CL's part reminded me of her "The Baddest Female" rap, so no surprises there.  Even though her flow worked well with the song, I wish she would've tried something a little different this time.

cl 2ne1 falling in love mv

Bom's voice sounded great too, but I had a hard time finding any close ups of her to screencap.  Interesting...  Was that on purpose?

bom 2ne1 falling in love mv
This is the best I could do. 

The only part that really stuck out like a sore thumb to me were Dara's lines.  What's up with the strong autotune, YG?  Was all that neccessary?  I do know that Dara doesn't necessarily have the strongest voice, but I think it would've been fine without the extreme enhancements.

sandara park falling in love mv

I really like the sets for this mv.  All that gold everywhere the eye can see, and the beautiful blue of the water was very nicely done.  Oh and by the way, thanks for the eye candy!  I really appreciated it.   

lee soo hyuk 2ne1 mv falling in love
Model Lee Soo Hyuk aka G-Dragon's bff.

Can we talk about their outfits now?  They sure are looking nice in all that Alexander Wang and Mary Katrantzou, plus I need those Balenciaga cut out boots in my life.  Too bad they're about $1200 a pair.  It's hard to find even one pair of those on the market, so to see 5 pairs all together??  I'm kind of jealous.  

All in all, this is a fun comeback song for 2NE1.  It's no bombastic girl power anthem like "I Am The Best", or "Ugly" but I like how they took the reggae through line from that song and ran with it even further.  I'm also glad they stayed with their original formula and didn't add any dubstep.  I'm tired of hearing crappy drops added to Kpop songs in random places.

Alright girls, let's keep it classy during your comeback stages, and let's do that by keeping that ubiquitous YG bandana print to a minimum.   Sound good?  Good.


What do you think of 2NE1's "Falling In Love" mv?

Source: 2NE1.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.