Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

SHINee Covers Nylon Magazine's March Issue- HQ Scans + English Trans + BTS

SHINee is about to comeback with "Dream Girl" so it's safe to assume we'll be seeing them in tons of magazines to come.  The first of these would be Nylon Korea, who made them look like stylish yet innocent boys next door, and then asked them some probing questions that they seemed to answer pretty honestly (especially Onew).  Enjoy the HQ scans, BTS video and interview with English translation below.


Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

Shinee for Nylon Magazine March 2013- HQ scans + BTS + Eng trans

BTS video:



Interview-

ONEW:


Why are your eyes swollen?

I don’t know. They were like this when I woke up in the morning. It’s a relief though. The swelling settled down when it was time for the shoot, interestingly enough.

Aren’t you annoyed about having to do a shoot when your body is not in good condition?

It’s okay since it’s not like my body is severely tired.

When do you get annoyed the most?

When I’m tired and several things overlap with each other. When I’m tired from working all day and they don’t give me food and when my body hurts.

When did you have the hardest time?

The 1~2 years right after debuting was hard on me. Our schedule was seriously packed. It was to the point where we slept for a total of 8 hours during a week.

How do you put up with times like that?

I don’t think. I just do whatever I’m told to do. If we move from here, I went there. Then I do whatever I they tell me to do there.

Would you be able to handle it if it was like that now?

I’m not sure. I think I’d rebel these days. There are times when I say I’m tired or when I keep things inside then explode, but I think I’ll just talk about it? I’m not good at talking though so pinpointing things one by one wouldn’t be easy.

Is there something you think you’re better at compared to others? 

The ability to bring down an atmosphere. I don’t know why but when I start to talk after someone, the atmosphere sinks. If that counts, then it's my ability?

What is one word that currently describes “me” the best?

Frog. I can expand my stomach like a frog now.


JONGHYUN:

When have you rebelled?

I basically have a very clear view on things. I think I’ve rebelled when my views and the situation didn’t match. There was a time I even butted heads with adults when I was told to do something I didn’t need to. When I think about it now, I feel regretful for the most part.

What do you regret the most?

Dropping out of school. I don’t think it was the best choice to drop out of high school in order to attend music school. At the time, I felt that the time spent studying at school was a waste but I think it would have been okay not to go about it that exact way. And that doesn’t mean I blame myself for regretting it so much.

What am I better at compared to other people?

Talking? Hahaha. I’m kidding. My motto is “Acceptance rather than understanding.” You get stressed out if you try to understand something that just isn’t understandable. So it means even if you can’t understand something, just accept it. That’s why I think I’m better at simply accepting things compared to others.

What are you particularly interested in at the moment?

Well, I’m always interested in music. A new interest I’ve obtained is in human relations. I told my mother and she told me to study psychology. My mother is a nursery director. She said if I study philosophy or psychology, I’ll be able to solve a lot of problems about relationships.

Do you have any intentions to learn?

It’s bothersome to be honest. And I feel like I’ll show off if I study those things.

What do you want to hear the most from someone these days?

That I’m doing well. I’m always happy to hear acknowledgement related to my work.

What do you think is a charm point that only you have?

Twist. I have a fear of cameras so I can’t show my all when I go on TV, thus people feel a twist when they meet me in person. I often hear, “You’re a lot different from what I thought you'd be like.” Wouldn’t that be my charm?


KEY:

What do you do on your day off?

I buy clothes, drink coffee, practice for my musical, and draw pictures.

What are you better at than others?

I have good foresight when it comes to people. When I meet someone for the first time and go, “I don’t think his person will get along with me,” then they really don’t get along with me. I have a good sense so I’ve mostly been right.

What word describes you the best?

This is a hard question. Can I use a sentence instead of an adjective? Someone told me this before. “Too cute to watch, too wild to touch.” It means I look cute but I’m too fierce to approach. I agree with it for certain aspects.

What did you work on the most while preparing for your new album?

Ways to set ourselves apart a little more. It’s because it’s time for SHINee to approach the general public.

When did you have the hardest time?

When I debuted. I didn’t know anything and I was young so there were too many things that I had to learn every day.

What is your favorite memory?

When my musical finished yesterday.

What is the biggest type of rebellion you’ve pulled?

I’m the type who has always rebelled a lot. I’ve gotten better these days but I used to rebel severely in the past. There were times when I knew the other person was right but I just hated that so I would argue until the end. Since I did that, I was able to precisely understand the meaning of rebellion in the dictionary.

What are you particularly into these days?

I watch a lot of movies. My problem is always watching the same movies over again, if you call that a problem.

Which movies?

I’ve seen the animation "Howl’s Moving Castle" several times. As for movies, I’ve watched "Billy Elliot", "Factory Girl", and "The Dreamers" a lot. I only saw the main character when watching "The Dreamers" and "Factory Girl". Later on, I was able to see other people’s outfits or the movie’s overall color. Then I saw the structures and angles. Since I’m also somebody who gets filmed on camera, I’m able to infer about how they act and how they worked. It’s my hobby to think like that and watch the same movie over again.

What makes you feel good to hear again and again?

It’s the phrase, “That’s good.” It’s supporting my decisions and actions. I feel the happiest when I hear those words.


MINHO:

When did you cut your hair?

I just suddenly got it cut yesterday. I’m in the process of changing my appearance with the promotions for our new song “Dream Girl” ahead.

What did you particularly focus on while preparing your new album?

I’m concerned about how to present a different side compared to our previous "Sherlock" album.  I mean a way to maintain SHINee’s color while showing a differentiated side of myself.

It’s been 6 years since you debuted. When did you have the hardest time?

I was having a really hard time when filming the drama "For You In Full Blossom". I didn’t tell anyone but it was physically and mentally draining. The burden of being the main character was huge and I was lonely while doing activities without the members.

Has there ever been a time when you rebelled?

There have been two times that I’ve seriously rebelled. One time I rebelled because I wanted to play soccer. Then I troubled my parents because I wanted to become a celebrity.

How?

When my parents told me no, I would thoughtlessly tell them I would do it although there was a reason. “I’m gonna do it. Even if you oppose, I’m gonna do it.” I put it like that and didn’t back down

What do you think you’re better at compared to others?

This is an embarrassing question because I’ve never thought of anything like that... I’m not exceptionally good at something compared to others. If doing my best and working hard at whatever I’m given counts as something, then that’s my answer.

What do you want to do more of in the future?

To be honest, I’ve actually done all the things I’ve wanted. My goal is to keep doing the things that I’ve done so far.

What is one word that currently describes “me” the best?

Wouldn’t that be passion? Because I’m in my early 20’s. I want to be passionate in no matter what I do now.


TAEMIN:

How do you feel about your new album coming out? 

I’m anticipating it but we’ve released quite a lot in the past already so there are no special thoughts that come to mind. Just something like, “Ah. The album is coming out.”

What are you interested in lately?

I don’t have anything to be interested in since all I do is practice but I start to think a lot. My thoughts keep going on and on.

Do you have any worries?

The 20 years old that I imagine and the real 20 years old. I think the only difference is that being 21 years old is pretty different.

When have you rebelled for no reason?

I have never rebelled at all. Even if others disagree, it’s true in my standards.

What makes you the happiest to hear?

I get a break from this day to this day.

Then what’s the next one?

You did well so rest. Hahaha.

What are your new plans for this year?

I used to do it up until last year but I didn’t make any this time. It’s because I get stressed out from trying to keep my plans if I make them.

What is your favorite SHINee song so far?

I like “Sherlock” the most, then “Replay”. But “Replay” is both a song I like the most and hate the most.

Why?

I have a lot of disappointments over the whole song. I think I lacked so much and I can only remember the other members’ voices if I listen to it again. But it’s our debut song, so although I had a hard time preparing for it, I’m just as pleased.


Cr.: NYLON KOREA
Trans. kimchi hana @ shineee.net


Source: shineee.netNYLONTVKOREAkoreanghetto via babybabybaby.tistory.com, Reminiscence.tistory.com.

Comments

  1. Naked SHINee, well if you can call it Naked...
    Onew's manner legs, Key & Taemin freckles, Jjong wild expression and Minho as perfect as always.
    why I feel it's so sexy to see a 24-years old boy drinking milk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol your comments always make me laugh. That milk thing needs to stop because it's just too much! Kidding, drink all the milk you want, guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. “Too cute to watch, too wild to touch.” LOL that fits G-Dragon more than anyone.. not really Key. Regardless, I think it's a good interview! : D I can understand Onew's frustration in their earlier years. If I only slept for that short periods of time, I would snap. I don't do well with sleep deprivation.. hoho!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when they're extra honest in interviews. It gives you a snapshot into what they're really feeling or have felt, which is always interesting.


    As for Key, I think it really fit him back in the day when he used to be kind of a asshole to everyone. He seemed to always have permanent bitch face and to forever be rolling his eyes and telling people off at the drop of a hat. Like he says, he seems to have calmed down a lot, or he's able to control his reactions better. <3 him in any case.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.