Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Kpop WTF: Why The Hell Does SHINee's Jonghyun Never Have A Schedule?

------DISCLAIMER------

I've forgotten about quite a bit of the content I wrote for this blog, and really only get comments on it once in a blue moon in the past 2 or 3 years. I was quite surprised and then quite saddened when I got the first unhappy comment after Jjong's death. Apparently I did too good of a job with Google SEO, considering that I wrote this in 2013 and it's STILL showing up in search rankings. I've considered taking this post down and even discussed it with my best Shawol friends (that I met because of this blog!), but I've decided to keep it up with this disclaimer. Why? I'll let you know:

I've loved SHINee for quite a few years now, but that love has never been unconditional.  I wrote about everything to do with SHINee while I was running this blog, and was very vocal about all of it. Anyone who visited more than once knew that I was always extremely blunt about my feelings and thoughts on SHINee (and kpop in general), which is, I'm assuming, why they continued to read my posts.  I always strove to write with a large helping of humor, sarcasm and honesty and I think most of my readers got that.

This was, to me, a silly way of poking fun at Jonghyun and my years long dislike of him that gradually turned into love. I would hope that Jjong, if he ever happened across this post, would have realized that I was not at all trying to be mean or nasty and would, in fact, appreciate the fact that he had grown on me over the years as his true personality started to become more apparent.

People don't become perfect after their death. We should celebrate their lows as well as their highs; to do otherwise would be hypocritical. Taking this post down now would be hypocritical. I wrote it. It's been up for almost 5 years now. If you do decide to read this post, just know that I love Jonghyun as much as I love them all, and I'm just as sad as you are that he's no longer with us. 



(Original post published 080413)

I've been contemplating this subject for awhile now.  In fact, I've been thinking about it off and on for the past few years.  Just why is it that everyone in SHINee has a schedule (or multiple schedules) except Jonghyun??  Let's go through some evidence, shall we?


shinee jonghyun selca may 2013

As of this very moment all the other SHINee members have a solo schedule.  Key is getting ready to hit the stage again, and this time he'll be playing Clyde in the play "Bonnie and Clyde" starting on September 4th.  Onew is currently garnering lots of laughs and swoons (and gifs) in JTBCentertainment's sitcom "Royal Villa".  Minho is doing 20 things (I'm exaggerating) but most notably he's the face of Our Home Rice Pasta and has recently be signed up to act in the new K-drama "Medical Top Team".  Taemin has also been a busy guy, especially with the show "We Got Married", and this is all just in the past few months.

shinee collage 2013 solo activities

But what about Jonghyun?  Has he had any solo schedules before?

Oh wait, he has!

There was the time he was in SM The Ballad:


There's the time he was on KBS's Immortal Song 2 vying against Super Junior's Yesung for 2 episodes:


The rest of SHINee came to cheer him on of course:

(Fyi Jonghyun cried because he won against his sunbae Yesung that day)

Oh and there was that one time that he had a solo schedule at Kiss the Radio during SHINee's "Dream Girl" promotions:


He also has attended random movie premieres and fashion shows over the years, just usually not by himself.

Taemin and Jonghyun at the "Snowpiercer" movie premiere, 130729.

I'm probably missing one or two but still, that's not very many solo activities.  Minho probably did more in the past month than Jonghyun has done in the past few years, and that's kind of sad.

It's been a running joke within SHINee for years that our little Kim Jonghyun is always available to hang out because he never has a schedule.  Even MBLAQ's Lee Joon is aware of this interesting fact:

(Skip to :50 for the start of the joke)


Why do you think this is?  We all know Jjong has a beautiful voice, great stage presence, and can write some really good songs (like "Juliette" and "Orgel" to name a few).  What gives?

Ok let's be honest here: Jonghyun talks.  And talks, and talks...  This guy seems to never have met a subject he didn't like.  It's like word vomit spews out of his mouth on a non-stop basis. I've even noticed that over the years he has taken over most of the speaking duties for SHINee when they're out and about doing their promotional circuit.  I don't necessarily think that this was something they all wanted either.

If you're not quite sure what I'm talking about just watch this episode of SHINee on Mnet Wide Open Studio during their "Sherlock" era:


Why does our leader Onew not have a mic?  Why does Jonghyun keep interrupting everyone else?  I rest my case.

Jjong is also kind of cocky, or that's how he comes across anyway.  Let's change that to very cocky.  He seems to know quite well just how good looking he is and has no problem letting you know he knows.  Jonghyun doesn't just walk, he struts.  His every action screams, "Look at me!  I'm hot and I have a nice body!  Take my picture... Please!"

shinee jonghyun abs
Not that there's anything wrong with that!


This nonstop mouth action combined with extreme cockiness had caused me to not like him all that much over the years, and I know I'm not the only Shawol who felt that way.  I liked him in SHINee well enough and couldn't imagine the group without him but he was far from my favorite.  These feelings started with the show "Hello Baby" and continued on until not that long ago actually.  I only started thinking, "Aww, he's actually pretty sweet!" and wondering if all that babbling is how he betrays his nervousness after watching "SHINee's Wonderful Day".

So yeah, that means I've liked SHINee for about 4 years now and yet I've only really liked Jonghyun for 6 months so far.  Interesting!

What does this have to do with my subject?

Well, my main theory is that this is how A LOT of people feel about Jonghyun.  Not just me, not just some other Shawols but everyone that would want to hire him, and that includes producers of Korean tv shows and plays and commercials, etc.  Maybe he's just been giving off the wrong vibe throughout the years and has alienated the people that could help him out.  Maybe he's secretly an asshole.  Maybe none of the above.

Or maybe he's just been sitting at home composing songs.  Maybe he's been writing 90% SM Entertainment's tunes in the past few years.  Maybe he's bored as hell sitting at home and that's why he talks so much.

What does Jonghyun do with his time?  I'm really, really curious.


Why do you think Jonghyun never has any schedules?


Source: yansikyu1013xoxoMusicXLoverxoxoclubalice1hs JpapriiFiedTheSMLine.

  Facebook | Twitter | Tumblr

Comments

  1. you suck by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Him having any schedules or not isn't your concern honestly, this post being written that time and even read just proves that fans never stay in their line and act arrogant, assuming things by themselves and a whole lot other stupidity done in this post, before calling him very arrogant understand the fact that you are obnoxiously arrogant to even prude into their schedules and personal business

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeh even if jonghyun never. had a schedule btw doesnt involve u
    the fact that u hated him
    -.-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your courage and for not deleting this disgusting article. Many people say that Jonghyun didn't have a hait. Your example proves the opposite, which makes people think about their terrible behavior. A word can hurt more than a weapon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Writing a article like this itself shows how obnoxiously ignorant you are, when you have nothing to do , clean that shit out ur brain , why do u care if has work or not .

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the most pathetic backtracking I've seen in a long time. It’s really obvious how fake your concern about Jonghyun is, seeing how skewed your ‘evidence’ is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, the "Running joke of him having no schedule" you are referring to SGB ep.297 it clearly said its only 2 months and this was the only time it was mentioned so it is not a ‘running joke’ as you say (maybe try Onew sangtae now that's a running joke). During 2010- 2011 he was promoting SM the Ballad, competing in Immortal Songs all the while performing with Shinee (minus the time he was suffering from injury because Indonesian fans pushed him). He was also one of 20 idols that recorded "Let's Go," to promote the G20 summit. (1/3)
    Second of all, you wrote this article just 4 months after Jonghyun got into a serious accident which made him miss promotions. It’s perfectly fine of him to not have schedules at this time. Finally, since you are so curious on what he has done during this era, he wrote, composed and featured IU’s Gloomy Clock and also wrote and composed Son Dam-bi’s Red Candle.
    Apparently Korean tv producers think Jonghyun is so cocky that MBC gave him his own radio show following year which aired for 2 hours daily until he retired in early 2017. He is the first SM artist to have notable collaborations with artists from other companies, even with SM Ent.’s rival YG Ent. (also with LOEN Ent. and Pleiades Ent.). (2/3)
    I really hope Jonghyun has never come across this disgusting blog. And as expected from a troll, you are happy and proud of the attention you are getting. I hope you are happy now since now you don’t have to deal with Jjong’s ‘very cocky self’ and his ‘non stop word mouth spewing’.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.