Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Video of the Day: B.A.P's "One Shot" MV

Ok I know I say this (almost) every time a B.A.P song and mv is released but "One Shot" is definitely THE most epic B.A.P song (and mv) ever!

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv


See now, it was nice and all that TS Entertainment tried to have B.A.P try new styles and genres but, in my honest opinion, the boys are in their element when they're all powerful music and intense dance moves.  The mv for "One Shot" brings all of that and more.  This mv cost 1 billion won (which translates to $910,000) and it shows.

It's very apparent that TSEnt has a lot of faith in these boys and B.A.P makes sure to live up to that by bringing their 'A' game every time.  They are here to kick ass and take some names and they're not going to quit 'til they're at the top.

Firstly, let's discuss the song.  "One Shot" has got some of the stereotypical B.A.P musical stylings but it's not a copycat of their other stuff.  I'm especially glad there's not too much of Daehyun's power diva screeching ~ahem~ singing.  I do have to admit that I like it MUCH better than "Rain Song".

As for the mv, well...

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv

The story starts off with the boys being big ballers in a yacht and then we segue to an airplane hangar.  Let me ask one question:  Am I wrong in thinking that the airplanes have absolutely nothing to do with the storyline?  Yeah, I didn't think so.

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv

Is there such a thing as way too many Bang Yong Guk screencaps?  Definitely not.  There is, however, too much of BYG speaking English.  Jeesh... that was really bad.  What did he even say in that last sentence?  Practice much?  You need to.  

Let's talk about Zelo here for a moment:

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv

I'm always struck anew every time with just how badass he is, even though he's still kind of a baby at 17.  Just look at him, already such an accomplished dancer and rapper.  :sigh:  So proud!

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv
This part in the mv just kills me.

When we get to the part where they rob the armored truck and they're sitting around looking at all the money, I was sitting here wondering what's up with it being American $100 dolla  dolla bills, y'all.  Are they supposed to be in the U.S. or what?  I'm confused.

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv

They look so cute in their KTZ shirts and pants with skirt overlays but then I noticed that BYG is extremely thin and those pants aren't helping matters any.  Can we get you a burger, sweetie?

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv

When Youngjae's character got shot I was sitting here with my jaw dropped.  Even though I was kind of expecting it, it still blew me away.

Video of the Day: B.A.P's One Shot mv
What the hell??

I really like that rewind to the 2nd ending, with Youngjae and his cocky grin as he walks away into the sunset.  What a great twist.

The "One Shot" mv made me realize that Youngjae is a pretty good actor and probably could be in a kdrama, while BYG is the total opposite.  He was all about giving blank faces for almost every emotion but that's ok, I like him anyway.

It also restored my faith in B.A.P and made me remember why they're in my top 5.  It's going to be hard to contain my excitement for seeing them perform this live, but I'll manage.

Did you like B.A.P's "One Shot" mv?


Source: TSENT2008.  Screencaps by Oddness/Weirdness.  Take out with full credit.

Comments

  1. my frens has always ask me to watch clips of bap on youtube but just recently..like 2 days ago that i barely know who is who. but honestly ive only watch the varieties n only no mercy mv n the hajima2 mv~~~ n today when im watching one shot,, the thing that really catch my eyes is really the new movement or new style of dancing maybe? i love it when zelo dance. it is like. woahhh. haha.
    i love the storyline. the twist, the movement, n of course, the song itself!love it love it love itttt~~~i always fall in love with the melody first n then the lyric, n lastly the mv. hehehe but i think based on the very very very high cost of the mv, i personally think that the storyline maybe can be more neat. how neat? i dont know. its just my personal opinion anyway. hihi. but still! love the song~~~~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you about the mv. There is something a bit off in the storyline but this probably happened during editing. Otherwise it's fabulous. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  2. DAMNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, these boys are so good for rookies. Ok, they're probably not rookies anymore, but I totally love all their stuff! Music is epic, dancing is epic, looks are epic, clothes are epic... I think they're propelling themselves into my number three spot on "Kat's Favourite Kpop Groups". Not that they're probably going to get close to number one and two- BIGBANG and SHINee, but they're still freakin' cool!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You need to watch more B.A.P and you'll end up loving them to pieces. I get how you could think the mv wasn't as neatly done as it could be. Possibly it's something to do with the editing. They could've put some of the storyline together a bit better. Epic mv is epic though, no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Let's see... top 3 Erika Kpop groups would be Shinee #1, Big Bang #2, Block B and B.A.P tie for number 3. Top solo artists is a different story though. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.