Skip to main content

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

EXO Is Always At The Airport: A Fashion Retrospective

It's true.... The members of EXO-K and EXO-M are ALWAYS at the airport.  I'm never sure where they're going or what they're going to be doing when they get there, but I'm forever seeing the pics.  There's often some major fashion moments taking place in these pics; some good, some bad but always notable.  Enjoy: This post is image heavy

So You Were Wondering What EXO's "Wolf" & "Growl" Drama Version MVs Are About? Pt. 1

It has come to my attention that people are confused as hell about EXO 's " Wolf " and " Growl " drama version MVs, and have been since they came out.  Well, it's your lucky day, because I'm here to explain the shit out of them for you, in the way I know best: I'm going to tell you a little story.  Fyi, this will be done in two parts, so bear with me.

Kpop WTF: 2PM Nichkhun's DUI

Bad things happen to good people and Nichkhun is seemingly the good-iest two shoes of the good in Kpop.  I don't think I've seen one bad thing written about this guy ever... until now.




Early in the morning on July 24th, Nichkhun was driving home from a JYP Entertainment get together in Seoul and got into a minor accident with a motorcyclist.  His blood alcohol level was revealed to be 0.056, which led to a suspension of his license.  There were no serious injuries.

Here's some info on Korean law for this matter:

Operating a vehicle at a BAC level above 0.05% can result in 6 months in prison or a fine of 3,000,000 won. For damaging the motorcycle and any injuries to the biker could have been covered by Nichkhun's auto insurance had he not been under the influence. However, because it is thought that his drinking could have caused the accident, he will be punished for his DUI as well as the accident even if the biker was at fault.
However, the accident happened in a residential neighborhood and official believe that the biker cannot have been 100% at fault. This is why Nichkhun will not only be prosecuted for his drinking and driving but also injuring another person as a result of his DUI. This could result in an increase in his sentence to up to 5 years or 20,000,000 Won worth of fines.

Read more at kpopstarz.com.


Subsequently, his sponsors started to drop him from their rosters.  First was Carribean Bay.  The latest is the 'Samsung Galaxy S3 Stadium' campaign.  They cropped him right out and added SISTAR's Hyorin.



There's even more fallout.

Nichkhun tweeted an apology on July 26th:
I would like to write this letter of apology for such an irresponsible act. To the injured person, his family, the people of Korea, my fans, JYPE family and staffs, 2PM members, and all the people this situation has affected. I have betrayed the ones who have given me their love and support, the love and support I don't deserve with such behavior. I feel the need to take some time off to re-think about my action and myself, to make myself a better person and never again repeat the same mistake. I am truly ashamed that I have disappointed so many, and I am deeply sorry.
He's going to be taking time off to reflect.   

I know netizens are in a furor over this incident, which isn't surprising since this is one controversy that's actually controversial.  I just feel bad for the guy.  People do make mistakes and, as you can tell by that apology, he seems really broken up about it.  I just hope he's able to weather the storm of negativity and to continue on with his career eventually.

Hey, if Daesung can do it, so can he.

Source: kpopstarz, enewsworld 1 & 2 MNET global.


Comments

  1. You will not only be prosecuted for his drinking and driving but also injuring another person as a result of his DUI. the information you are providing is less but New Mexico drunk driving criminal court cases can result in punishment that includes jail time, fines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If Chris Brown can get away with beating up Rihanna and continue to have hits, although I refuse to play his music at any of my gigs, then I'm sure once the dusts settles Nichkhun will return too.

    I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh btw. I completely blame you for this!

    http://llcooljoetube.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Big Bang is Still Killing It...

...and they haven't even released their album yet.  Craziness. I told myself yesterday that I was going to relax on the Big Bang posts for a bit because I was starting to feel like a Big Bang fansite, not that that's a bad thing.  THEN... they release something like this: "Bad Boy" teaser- Source:  BIGBANG

Steal Their Style: As Requested, Some SHINee "Dream Girl" Fashion

Other blogs have already talked about SHINee 's " Dream Girl " mv fashion and what brands they're wearing, but a few visitors to the blog have asked me for some specific items. LC asked me where she could get Jonghyun 's white floral pants from the mv, w hich he also wore at their  Naver comeback special :

Jonghyun and Taemin Do Seo Taiji's "Internet War", Tear the House Down 120818

I had to post this 'cause they did it again.